Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: DD40X  (Read 101900 times)

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
Re: DD40X
« Reply #285 on: March 02, 2015, 05:52:11 PM »
Animation on the cab is about done.  Just2 small tweaks.

Bill

Offline NS_37

• JointedRail Artist
  • Global Administrator
  • Dispatcher
  • This is personal
    • JointedRailProductions
« Reply #286 on: March 03, 2015, 12:52:34 AM »
the fans sound like they are performing normally. there is a function that when you are moving one or more fans may begin to rotate one way or another to simulate ambient air moving over them. this is only a visual function and does nothing to the internals.

there is still no recommendation on the numberboards. what trainz build number are you using? i really don't think it has anything to do with the scripts or your set-up in general.

if you have SP1 HF4 TS12 you can use the latest TFX lib which has some configurations in the game options area. enabling the debug mode will allow you to see the amps and engine temperature of the locomotive in the message box area.

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
« Reply #287 on: March 03, 2015, 05:04:41 PM »
Cool!  I didn't realize you had the fan set up to do that.

I'm using build 61388 so I'm totally up to date on TS12.  I had forgotten about the debugging mode.  I turned it on and did a little testing with what settings I'm at right now.  The most I could get out of it was 189.53 degrees at 1634 amps.  Looking at what it did at various speeds and power settings I need to do some adjustments like I thought in the engine specs.

I have a chart with the tractive effort of the DD40 from starting to 90 mph but I have nothing for the amperage draw.  Another though.  Will I be able to have 2 functioning power gauges in the interior?

Bill