Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: City Sees Coldest Start To Summer In 100 Years......I guess it's global warming.  (Read 13150 times)

Offline gfisher

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/20013949/detail.html

And 24 out of the past 32 days have had rain.   :o

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline NS_37

• JointedRail Artist
  • Global Administrator
  • Dispatcher
  • This is personal
    • JointedRailProductions
omgz you dont get it do you, global warming causes cold winters and we have to do something about the fartycowz and we have to do it NOW or its too late, place pay higher taxes so we dont have to hurt the fartycows when we get rid of them by shooting them into space. mother nature is going to be real pissed off if all of the fartyspacecowz are not contained. plus if you drive a car you are ded anywayz. please get rid of all the carz and fartz, dont use electric ity and offer your firstborn to government control. thankz and good night.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 03:13:31 AM by NS_37 »

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
I guess these people don't realize that we have been going through global warming ever since the last ice age and will continue until things start reversing towards the next ice age.  Shame on those cows and their farts for contributing to global warming.  While they are at it why don't they slash and burn all the rain forests on earth.  All that decomposing organic matter produces more methane gas than those cows ever will.  Oh!  And while were at it we better put catalytic converters on all the volcanoes on the planet.  One volcanic eruption puts more sulfurs, hydrocarbons and all those other nasty toxins emitted by car tail pipes in a 10 year period.  Will they ever learn? :rolleyes:

Bill

Offline Hudson2640

• Road Foreman
Global warming is mostly a bunch of bull shit. i remember about having to watch about Al Gore talking about it. Funny how he got owned when he couldn't prove that we were the main cause of it. As for the cold weather and rain, it's been rather cold here in New York. I can came home the other day at 2 am and the temp was in the 50s. We came close to beating the record for the most amount of rain in the month of June. Because of this I haven't been in by pool yet. :'(
I'm surrounded by idiots

Offline Ferrous

• Dispatcher
  • One does not simply Walken to Mordor!
You guys...it's called CLIMATE CHANGE now.  Get with the times. :dancing:
And yea, it rained here for the entire month of may, so I know what you mean.
Stoat: horn
Stoat: sorry, by horn I mean awesome

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
Yah!  It's climate change.  Normal people call it Summer, Autumn, Winter and Spring.  Every day is a little different then the others.  I remember when they first found and started monitoring the hole in the ozone over the north pole.  The scientists panicked.  It they were right the ozone would have been gone about 15 years ago.  Then they found the ozone was thinning and if their original predictions were right the ozone it would have been gone 10 years ago.  The problem with most scientists is they have their hypothesis, they do their research and experiments but they discard most results that contradict their hypothesis.   :bonk:

Bill

Offline Campbell5149

• Dispatcher
  • Hillbilly CB-36
Oh!  And while were at it we better put catalytic converters on all the volcanoes on the planet. 
Bill

that would be an interesting feat..... ;D
Josh: WHOSE A GOOD BOY!! WHOSE A GOOD BOY!!?

Sean: ......woof??.....

Offline 007007

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • do not listen to 007007
I really don't know what to say other than...  ;D

[11:09:03 AM | Edited 11:09:12 AM] Justin C: that terrible moment when you can smell your own balls

"Endless SchwimpFest...ate 100 schwimps...ordered extra biscuits..."

Offline jadebullet

• Dispatcher
Meh, there is global warming, that much is obvious, and technically the colder climate is part of it, mainly the climate fluctuating like it always does in an attempt to balance. All we have done is slightly accelerate it, but what it technically is is us coming out of an ice age, which we are still technically in. People bitch about the planet getting hotter and the ice dissapearing, but the biggest problem, is thousands of years from now, we will snap into another ice age. Though, not like it is going to affect me much.

And really, I blame china at the moment. America hasn't really been the cause since the 1940s. Though I am glad that all of the Stupid Usless Vehicles, or SUVs, are dying finally. That and the useless luxury pickup trucks that people buy to go to the freaking mall, rather than actually use to do something.

Anyway, I guess the summary of what I am trying to say is,

Yuppies=fartycowz.  :sheman:

Offline NS_37

• JointedRail Artist
  • Global Administrator
  • Dispatcher
  • This is personal
    • JointedRailProductions
mmm koolaid

Offline 007007

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • do not listen to 007007
My next purchase...

[11:09:03 AM | Edited 11:09:12 AM] Justin C: that terrible moment when you can smell your own balls

"Endless SchwimpFest...ate 100 schwimps...ordered extra biscuits..."

Offline jadebullet

• Dispatcher
mmm koolaid

LoL, not really. It doesn't really matter anyway. It isn't like doing hippy shit is going to do anything. My stuff is just based off of how the climate works. I am actually neutral in the argument. I just hate SUVs.

PPsh-41

Carbondioxide methane CFC's  Are DESTROYING Ozonelayer  :GRRR:

Offline NS_37

• JointedRail Artist
  • Global Administrator
  • Dispatcher
  • This is personal
    • JointedRailProductions
LoL, not really. It doesn't really matter anyway. It isn't like doing hippy shit is going to do anything. My stuff is just based off of how the climate works. I am actually neutral in the argument. I just hate SUVs.

thats the trouble, nobody, including you, knows how the climate works. what you can go get and read and try to learn about it it mostly cooked up anyhow. a warming trend? says who? sure there is more smog around where we drive more cars, but what does that have to do with global warming and the end of the world? if i try to have a bbq in my living room the same thing will happen, but it wont kill everyone, probably just me. you think im worried about emissions changing the climate into disasterville if one single natural even t can do more damage than everyone ever has? i sure dont. of course that doesnt mean we need to be dirty, im all for having clean vehicles and whatever, but not because its a government mandate and has to be taxed out the ass. when that happens, ifs obvious where the myth comes from. they want you to pay more taxes and lose more freedoms (by freedoms here i mean driving a car thats not a pile of shit just because it might smoke a bit less), and while you are at this tax paying and freedom giving, you should also think that its in your best interest to do so... what a great plan! if we convince them they have no other choice they will pay us! woohoo!

Offline jadebullet

• Dispatcher
I'm not saying I know how the climate works, and you are correct in what you are saying. I am just saying what is the main pattern that has emerged since the dawn of time. Basically the the climate fluctuating from hot to cold. It happens. I mean, back in the 1970s, they though that we were heading into an ice age. There is global warming, but it is only slightly accelerated, and is pretty much natural. There is nothing that we can really do about it. It would happen without humans, just slower.

By the way, I forgot one thing about the whole Global warming thing that I am very happy about. The large focus on clean coal technology, because nothing burns cleaner than Anthracite. Looks like the Skook will finally get a huge stimulus bonus that it has been waiting for since Anthracite fell from power.