Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: City Sees Coldest Start To Summer In 100 Years......I guess it's global warming.  (Read 13149 times)

Offline gfisher

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
In the interest of fairness, and since I started this thread to poke a little fun at the global warming alarmists (who we now know cheat on the data...some Hollywood types are saying Al Gore needs to give back his oscar), I should point out that we have now had the fifth warmest November on record, and that this historically indicates a warmer than normal and more snow-free winter. It all goes to show that climate is not determined over a few weeks, months, years or even decades, but is usually measured in terms of centuries.

Supposed to snow tonight though.

"Beer is proof that God wants us to be happy." - Thomas Jefferson

Offline jadebullet

• Dispatcher
Yay it is snowing.

And boy those scientists sure dropped the ball there. Ugh, so much for any credibility for global "warming." From what I can gather from what the scientists were trying to cover up, we are reaching a peak in the warming part, and we are probably going to start declining again. Yay natural climate regulation attempting to keep things steady.

For the record, I do believe in climate change, and I do believe that we are one of the many causes of it, but I don't believe that there is anything that we can do to stop it from happening. Also, unlike the morons who believe that we can stop it, I realize that the climate fluctuates as it tries to equalize. (Hence how there was fear of an ice age in the 1970s)

Oh, and like hell am I going to give up my car.

Really, we need to fix things that are more catastrophic than global warming. Such as the chemicals in our food, and the ****ed up shit that they do to the beef we eat. (way to render at least 7 antibiotics useless assholes.)

Offline gfisher

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
I just can't resist.....it has now been the snowiest winter in something like two hundred years in the mid-atlantic states. Guess it's global warming!  :rolleyes:

Offline 007007

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • do not listen to 007007
Nonononono.  The libs covered their ass and it is now "Climate Change" and not Global Warming.  Well no shit.   :headspin:

[11:09:03 AM | Edited 11:09:12 AM] Justin C: that terrible moment when you can smell your own balls

"Endless SchwimpFest...ate 100 schwimps...ordered extra biscuits..."

Offline VGN903

• Trainmaster
Yes and seeing how we only have data on the weather dating back to the 1800's and many global patterns they are now finding take centurys to cycle ( see how sahara flips between desert and lush grasslands every few thousand years.) I have to wonder what they are basing this " Global Warming" trend on. No doubt our use of coal,oil and other fuels have changed things, I am just curious how much is affected by us and how much is just the natural changes to the earth. Don't forget we switch polarity occasionally. Wonder how Farting cows will effect that?

Offline jadebullet

• Dispatcher
Once again, I have to say that the climate is changing. Climate Change exists. Global Warming exists. So does Global Cooling. I am sure that we have done some things to mess with it, but we are getting pretty damn arrogant if we are thinking that the earth will be destroyed by it. The Earth has already got the plastic that it wanted, so we are unnecessary.

Oh, by the way, the Earth wobbles like a top, as well has a slightly changing orbit from time to time. It takes forever, but I wonder if that has anything to do with anything.

Offline Sparky

• Engineer
Someone got a Peace Prize.
Manufacturing ability was crippled in some countries and shifted to other countries who are allowed to pollute more than they ever did, all based on GNP.
An economic shift has occurred in favor of a choice few nations.
And at one time sheep "emissions" from Australia and New Zealand were accused as one of the major factors in Global Warming as well as cattle ranchers here.

A redistribution of wealth has occurred, greenhouse gases are at the same level as ever and in some places higher due to more lax enforcement and more output and the world is in a recession. Climate change is inevitable and naturally occurring. Someone just took it and figured a way to profit from it. Nothing left to do now but go up to the North Pole and start digging, fill the hole with gunpowder and stick in a wick.

With that, it was 50 degrees here a week ago and forty today. I say turn up the heat.

Offline gfisher

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
the Earth wobbles like a top, as well has a slightly changing orbit from time to time
Yeah, they're called Milankovitch Cycles and most climatologists believe they are the proximate cause of each of the ice ages during the Pliestocene. We are just in an interstitial period between ice ages and a new one is coming soon (in geologic time if not in Al Gore's lifetime). The long warm period of the Pliocene ended for at least two reasons: India collided with Asia and forced up the Himalayas, interupting the Monsoon winds, and Panama rose from the sea, connecting North and South America and changing the ocean circulation, cooling the Northern Hemisphere.

Personally, the Pliocene always sounded rather nice to me...a warm stable climate lasting tens of millions of years with lots and lots of animal life. Maybe that's where were headed.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 04:09:45 PM by gfisher »

Offline 007007

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • do not listen to 007007
And at one time sheep "emissions" from Australia and New Zealand

Skippy!!!  I can't believe they would blame your girlfriends for global warming...  That isn't very nice.     :poke:

[11:09:03 AM | Edited 11:09:12 AM] Justin C: that terrible moment when you can smell your own balls

"Endless SchwimpFest...ate 100 schwimps...ordered extra biscuits..."

Offline Isegrinns

• Trainmaster
    • Trainz Forge
More light for the thoughts that I dig
More light in the places I stay
More light on the path that I walk
More light 'round the questions that I bear

Offline gfisher

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
...........it's hot!