Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: SD40-2 "Snoot"  (Read 54797 times)

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
SD40-2 "Snoot"
« on: January 08, 2007, 04:25:44 AM »
Most of you probably know about this project but what the hay. I'll post it here too. Can't tell when Auran might get a wild hair up its' rectal tract and delete my thread over their.
Pics first.

A little work to do on th UP loco along with texturing and animating the bogies for it. On the BC unit I have a lot of small things I need to do to the mesh and some of the skin to finish up. It's getting their. :)

Bill
On sale today. Chicken lips. 5 for $1                                                              This is what you get when you leave the toys were the kids can get them.

Offline s-driver

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
Re: SD40-2 "Snoot"
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2007, 03:10:14 AM »
Another one being worked on in the shop.

;D

Bill

Offline PerRock

• Road Foreman
  • Official #trainz chat killer
    • Amtrak Trainz Group
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2007, 12:29:29 PM »

On sale today. Chicken lips. 5 for $1                                                              This is what you get when you leave the toys were the kids can get them.

:D so true.

looking nice. they gonna have alot of 'extras' (like phill_c's)?

Quote from: NS_37
and this is our part of the forum... ill post naked jewish midget slamdancing if i want to. :P

Offline s-driver

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2007, 01:49:18 PM »
:D so true.

looking nice. they gonna have alot of 'extras' (like phill_c's)?

I wish I could. I'll probably put the ambient noises in it, (the sneezing, coughing and grunting that locos normally do) step and truck lights and a custom cab if I can get it done in time. Wouldn't mind ARN numbers too but that might be a later release with the custom cab. Have to wait and see on that one. Their is a few things I would like to try and would be cool but that will take scripting and I don't know how to do scripting. So for now it will be whatever is within my limited abilities of 3D modeling.   :)

Bill

Offline s-driver

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2007, 03:40:24 PM »
I think I have the last adjustments done exept for the weathering for the UP snoot. I might have to tweek the attachmnet points for the coronas a little but we shall see.

;D

Bill

Offline GEV0SPAMMER

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • GOD DAMN GEVOS
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2007, 05:52:32 PM »
lookin great Bill, been following these since the begginings way back when, really looking forward to running them.  ;D sorry to go off topic but are you planning on releasing that track? it looks great and matches the ballast color in my area :) but anyways back on topic, keep us updated at this forum as i am currently banned from Auran due to the LV porta potty incident :P ;D
Apathetic half ass member of USLW
Founder of the porta-potty project :p

Offline 007007

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • do not listen to 007007
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2007, 08:45:34 PM »
You mean these???

;D ;D  I love it!!!

[11:09:03 AM | Edited 11:09:12 AM] Justin C: that terrible moment when you can smell your own balls

"Endless SchwimpFest...ate 100 schwimps...ordered extra biscuits..."

Offline PerRock

• Road Foreman
  • Official #trainz chat killer
    • Amtrak Trainz Group
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2007, 12:48:47 AM »
lookin great Bill, been following these since the begginings way back when, really looking forward to running them.  ;D sorry to go off topic but are you planning on releasing that track? it looks great and matches the ballast color in my area :) but anyways back on topic, keep us updated at this forum as i am currently banned from Auran due to the LV porta potty incident :P ;D

Boy seems like i missed something :(. got to pay better attention to more of the threads...

peter

Quote from: NS_37
and this is our part of the forum... ill post naked jewish midget slamdancing if i want to. :P

Offline s-driver

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2007, 01:05:34 PM »
I'm still laughing that one Nikos. That was great. ;D ;D I still say you should make them drivable with engine sounds and what about a custom cab view? Now that would be choice. ;D ;)  "ATTENTION all pasangers. Porta Potty express now arriving track two". I like all 5 paint sceams Steve. BTW. were did you get the sky in that pic?:)
Now back on semi topic. In regards to the track. It depends on the track you are talking about. If it's the track in the first pic in this thread it's made by Andi06. If you talking about the track in the last pics which is this track,

I was not intending on releasing it. The cross section of the rail is prototypical right down to the multi radiouses on the top of the rail. The tye plates are shaped like the real thing complet with spike heads and the rail leaning in at a three degree angle. And then you have the tyes themselves. I still need to put the "U" clips on their too. Right now it comes in at 774 polys for a 2 meter long piece. I just wanted to make one that looked real. Its no worse than the 40 inch drive wheels I made just for fun. It came in at 3232polys for 1 axle.

They have way more detail than Trainz needs. Sometimes i make super detailed items just for the fun of it. ;D
Anyway back to the main topic. I will keep posting updates here. It may take a bit because my secular job is working me on some goofy schedules. When things are finished there might be a couple supprises in store too. ;)

Peter. That thread wasn't their very long before the Mods got ahold of it.

Bill

Offline GEV0SPAMMER

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • GOD DAMN GEVOS
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2007, 06:09:19 PM »
LOL, sure lets make them drivable ;D, Cyberstorm has a drivable superadapter which can make any mesh drivable, not use how though will try and figure it out. Bill, you interested in making a cab (without "engineer of course ::) ;D ) hmmm engine sounds, steve? dont ask me to get a recording though for them :P its already got some sounds that go with it, see the original one at UST for that. :)
I got the sky from trainzhu.com, im guessing you already have an account there, the sky is a pack under the FMA section. mabye later once you are done with the snoot (and the 45-2 of course ;) ) you should do some more work on it looks great now, probably get decent FPS if you put LOD in it like Justin did with his new track. :)

Offline s-driver

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2007, 07:25:44 PM »
My wife just walked out of the room after reading this, shaking her head and laughing telling me "you guys have to much time on your hands". :D
I think I can put together a cab view for that. I'll see what I can do. Why don't you want an engineer? LOL. At least need an attachment point for one. Don't forget the horn sound Steve. ;D
I'll think about the track. I want to get the dash2s done first.

Bill

Offline 007007

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • do not listen to 007007
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2007, 07:44:20 PM »
My wife

;) :o :o :o :o I LOVE HER!!!!!! 

I got ya covered guys..now the only question.... Do I find clips off the net or should I make some from my own brand???  ;D

[11:09:03 AM | Edited 11:09:12 AM] Justin C: that terrible moment when you can smell your own balls

"Endless SchwimpFest...ate 100 schwimps...ordered extra biscuits..."

Offline s-driver

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2007, 11:08:40 PM »
What ever will work for you. ;D
How will this work for a cab.

;D ;D

Bill

Offline GEV0SPAMMER

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • GOD DAMN GEVOS
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2007, 11:23:49 PM »
HAHAHAH, dude thats perfect, mabye we could just use that as the model for the outside as well. having some issues here with politics (dont ya hate it :P) and you TLW guys seem to have a better sense of humor lol. Steve says it can go on Wisconsin Trainz right steve ;) now can you make it so that when you press the pantograph lever the door opens and closes lol. and mabye the horn should be the toilet flushing..... ;D

Offline s-driver

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2007, 12:08:58 AM »
MAN. THIS IS TO FUNNY!! :D :D ;D I just threw it together real quick to see how it would look. I'll have to redo the main box. Had a few to many booleans and it tore the mesh. Won't take too long to fix. I can fix it up and send it to you for skinning then I can do the animation for the door. I think I can get it to work. ;D :D

Bill