Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:40:04 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
60665 Posts in 3597 Topics by 631 Members Latest Member: - marinemania Most online today: 36 - most online ever: 256 (October 29, 2012, 03:45:15 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: Chessie System SD9 Pack  (Read 2228 times)
UP8328
Dispatcher

« on: August 11, 2010, 11:48:27 PM »

You can now download the Chessie System SD9 Pack at my website: http://up8328screations.yolasite.com/

cheers, Andrew

GEV0SPAMMER
TrainzForums Moderator
Dispatcher

GOD DAMN GEVOS

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 11:57:29 PM »

The trucks should be blue on the clean units, should be a trace of blue on the dirty ones two I think, just a FYI.

Apathetic half ass member of USLW
Founder of the porta-potty project :p
UP8328
Dispatcher

« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2010, 12:20:06 AM »

I tried switching out the trucks to a SD Blue HTC trucks,but the trucks were 3 feet off the base of the locomotive. I went and tried to reskin the flexcoil trucks that came with ben's SD7/9 pack and that didn't work, so i left them alone.  Wink

cheers, Andrew

dylanviey
TrainzForums Moderator
Trainmaster

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2010, 01:47:07 AM »

Hay UP 8328 i have a small suggestion. Slow down on making the re skins. You knocking them out so fast that the quality of them are starting to lack. Your first few re-skins looked pretty good but now your knocking everything out so fast that your missing a LOT of small details that make or break a re skin.

half of some of your re-skins make me wonder if your going by a photograph of a real thing or are you just throwing a railroad logo on their and calling it done?

Just to give a small example of what i mean. I knocked out this Amtrak F69phac in about 3 days

It made it in game in about 5 days total. i was just about to release it when someone pointed out i wasn't spending enough time on the details and getting them right.

so i started spending more time looking at the photos i had of the locomotive and looking at them closely. and i started seeing all this crap that i was missing. so i spent another 3 - 4 weeks getting everything to look right.

and it ended up looking like this

HUGE improvement.

It's late at night so i have to cut this short but if you want a few tips on what your missing send me a PM.

^ i play trainz a little to much. lol
jadebullet
TrainzForums Moderator
Dispatcher

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 12:54:11 PM »

Yeah, I have to agree with Dylan on this one. It is starting to look like you are just slapping paint on a loco and calling it done. I easilly was able to open the textures of the trucks, and if I wanted to, I could change their color after a bit of fiddling.

And something about the colors of those units still seems a bit off. Also the faded ones need ALOT more weathering from what I have seen of the Chessie SD9s.

I am not trying to be a prick or anything, it is just something that I noticed.

And Dylan, that first thing is atrocious. Tongue Nice default blombergs. The second screen looks awesome though. Even if it is an ugly shoebox.

[9:20:27 PM] Fudge packer: I like the cold Honest truth.
[9:20:32 PM] Tyler Bishop: yeah your a faggot
[9:20:34 PM] Fudge packer: yeah, so what, Truth hurts sometimes.
DHayward
TrainzForums Moderator
Dispatcher

Still Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator

« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2010, 01:01:36 PM »

I'd have to agree with the rest on this. You see, my buddy spent 6 hours on a skin that I've been amazed by. Justin, Mike and Ryan spend countless hours perfecting their skins, too. Have you ever heard the term quality over quantity? If you put a bit more time into your skins, I bet they'd turn out badass. If you halfass it, then someone's bound to make another skin of the same road name.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2013, 03:50:10 AM by Fox1 » Logged

It's what's for lunch.
jadebullet
TrainzForums Moderator
Dispatcher

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2010, 01:39:38 PM »

Damnit Dillon. I have been talking to you too much because I can't help but read your posts in your voice now.

[9:20:27 PM] Fudge packer: I like the cold Honest truth.
[9:20:32 PM] Tyler Bishop: yeah your a faggot
[9:20:34 PM] Fudge packer: yeah, so what, Truth hurts sometimes.
NorfolkSouthern9708
Conductor

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2010, 06:02:16 PM »

I would have downloaded this. But the paint scheme lacks detail.
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: