Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Amtrak Incident Report that just rolled in...  (Read 2043 times)

Offline annapolisfoamer

• Road Foreman
  • Future Amtrak Employee
    • Trainz Commuter Rail
Amtrak Incident Report that just rolled in...
« on: August 19, 2010, 03:09:55 PM »
2:40 pm Amtrak train 94, with motor 664 and 8 cars, departed Washington’s Union Station track 24

2:42 pm As train passed K tower, the Assistance Train director noticed a male individual riding on the outside of the
rear car, 82036. The Train director immediately contacted train 94 and instructed them to bring their train to a
safe stop. The train director stopped two potentially conflicting movements that would hava endangered this
individuals life if not immediately handled. Train 94’s engine stopped 3 cars north of H Signal Bridge.
Amtrak management and APD immediately responded and found a 22 year old male passenger, Reservation #
12DCD2, ticketed NPN to PHL, had apparently upon arrival in Washington, left the train to go into the station.
When this passenger returned, train 94 was departing and he began to run and subsequently jump on the rear
cars stirrup step.

After interviewing this passenger, APD deemed him not to be a threat and secured this passenger passage on
train 178

This person obviously has some serious awareness issues.

The funniest part is they just put him on the next train and don't even charge him! :rolleyes:

Haha too funny,

Davis
« Last Edit: August 19, 2010, 03:12:03 PM by annapolisfoamer »

Offline Lord_Nikon

• Road Foreman
  • Word!
Re: Amtrak Incident Report that just rolled in...
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:21:30 PM »
For real...
This is why dumb stuff keeps going down....cause people are not held responsible for there actions.
Car Geek + Train Geek = Uber Otaku!
87 Cressida (DD)
03 EVO 8 (weekend toy)
Hankyu Kyoto Line (when visiting family)

Offline annapolisfoamer

• Road Foreman
  • Future Amtrak Employee
    • Trainz Commuter Rail
Re: Amtrak Incident Report that just rolled in...
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2010, 08:47:46 AM »
Oh I know, I was like WTF when I saw that they personally got him onto his next train. This joker should of at least got slapped with a fine, I guess the APD was too focused on hassling railfanners at the time.  :D

Davis