Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I got a bunch of G gauge for X-max (pics)  (Read 5858 times)

Offline dylanviey

• Trainmaster
I got a bunch of G gauge for X-max (pics)
« on: December 30, 2010, 03:49:31 AM »
For Xmas i didn't get a lot (hell i only got 3 presents and 2 of the 3 was candy) But one of them was the best present ever. A FULL G GAUGE TRAIN SET!!!! I've always wanted to start garden railroading and now i can with this train set me aunt and mom bought me. It's a LGB starter set with some extra track and train cars.

Here's photos of everything (sorry for crappy quality my DLSR broke and i don't have any other camera other then my cell phone.)

Yes most of it is German. I kind of like the wagon design of that area and era. I'm going to focus my collection on 2 railroads. Steam era DB and Rio Grand.

These 2 train cars i had to part 2 train cars i already had. For a caboose i have 2 Rio Grand cabooses (one i had since i was 6 and this one witch i got for X-mas) but they both where missing a LOT of parts. Luckily the other caboose had all of the parts that this one was missing. I replaced the loop pin couplers with the bachman couplers from the other caboose. Cut off the buffer plates. and added all the missing parts (roof walks, smoke stack, etc)

The low side gondola i just took the couplers from a old beat up boxcar that i had since i was 6 and put them on there. The frame from that boxcar is going to become the base to a scratch build project i have planed for later.

Here's a few photos of what i already had in my collection.

Both of these I've had since i was 6 They are a little beat up but still look good. I had no where to run them until Xmax when i was givin enough track to wrap around my whole room. I bought a snow plow for the RGS 4-6-0 and it's in the mail now. Hopefully i will get it soon so i can install it.

I bought this B&O baggage car for $1 I've been using it as a bank. I would like to complete the consist but that will take some $$$. I may just sell it on Ebay or something. Or keep using it as a bank. who knows.

I have a huge area staked out for spring when I'll start building the layout. I'm getting free fill dirt, stone, Gravel etc from my uncle So I'm all set at starting the layout. My mom and dad are all up for the project. although i think they will murder me once they figure out i'm going to dig up both (dry) fish ponds and relocate them to my layout and dig up the whole entire garden area.  :onfire: I'll post pictures once i get my track plan done.

^ i play trainz a little to much. lol

Tyler Bishop

Re: I got a bunch of G gauge for X-max (pics)
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2010, 12:21:59 PM »
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo british stuff  :facepalm2:

Offline dylanviey

• Trainmaster
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2010, 02:36:17 PM »
oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo british stuff  :facepalm2:

tectonically it's German stuff. all the cars have DB as reporting marks (witch is ducha bon or how ever you spell it. Witch is also German i think for "German rail" but I'm not sure on that last part.)

Offline UnitedRail

• Conductor
    • Phil Ward Photography
« Reply #3 on: December 30, 2010, 03:59:30 PM »
Hey, don't diss Britain!!!
"Deutsche Bahn" I think you'll find, and yes it does mean German Rail(ways)

Why is it that only the British can spell?  :P

Regards from GB,
Phil

« Last Edit: December 31, 2010, 02:46:23 PM by UnitedRail »

Offline Isegrinns

• Trainmaster
    • Trainz Forge
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2010, 12:18:04 AM »

Why is it that only the British can spell?

Because the british are closer to us germans!

Most of LGB stuff is pretty far fetched prototype-wise, but its very robust and should provide you with hours of enjoyment.

More light for the thoughts that I dig
More light in the places I stay
More light on the path that I walk
More light 'round the questions that I bear

Offline annapolisfoamer

• Road Foreman
  • Future Amtrak Employee
    • Trainz Commuter Rail
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2010, 09:10:21 AM »
Yes I run G-Gauge trains at a local Nursery during the Holidays and I must say that our LGBs are the most reliable and durable pieces oif equipment we have.  Not to say AristoCraft and thw manufacturers aren't as good but when it boils down to operations LGB is by far superior.  We had an autistic kid this year who came over and threw one onto the concrete floor and all it did as scratch the paint.

Great X-Mas gift man!

Davis

Offline yutzk

• JointedRail Customer Service
  • Road Foreman
  • Conrail Quality Mother F***ER!
    • JointedRail
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2010, 02:06:15 PM »
My G Gauge still owns your G gauge son!

Really tho we'll get you goin in the right direction with G though.....

Heres some pics of mine:

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2011, 01:01:56 AM »
You need to use Justin's flame script on those -8s.  Then they would look more realistic. :poke:  Seriously though, I'm envious of you Kevin.  I wish I had a yard to do that in. :onfire:

Bill

Offline 007007

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • do not listen to 007007
« Reply #8 on: January 01, 2011, 12:03:12 PM »
Nice bug zapper.

[11:09:03 AM | Edited 11:09:12 AM] Justin C: that terrible moment when you can smell your own balls

"Endless SchwimpFest...ate 100 schwimps...ordered extra biscuits..."

Offline titaniclover

• Trainmaster
  • I'm Nobody. Nobody is perfect. I'm perfect.
« Reply #9 on: January 02, 2011, 12:57:40 AM »
^ +1  :thumbsup:
:yay: :boomboomboom: :yay:
GOING, Going, gone...

Offline dylanviey

• Trainmaster
« Reply #10 on: January 04, 2011, 01:11:04 AM »
My G Gauge still owns your G gauge son!

Really tho we'll get you goin in the right direction with G though.....

Yup you had how many years to build up your collection?

Anyone have any suggestion for good cheap brass track? Preferably LGB or Aristocrat. I have a pretty decent colection of track right now but it's all 4 and 5ft radius (WAY to narrow for my taste.) i would prefer 8ft radius) The funny thing is Ebay is more expensive then retail at times.