Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What you wish that JR would make!  (Read 65706 times)

Offline yutzk

• JointedRail Customer Service
  • Road Foreman
  • Conrail Quality Mother F***ER!
    • JointedRail
Re: What you wish that JR would make!
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2011, 05:58:47 PM »
I laughed out loud at work when I saw his ungodly price of $35 PER locomotive. $105 for all 3 locos he currently has for sale.   Thats not even a pack of 2 or 3.  You've got to be desperate or stupid to buy that at that price from him....  Where his head was when he came up with that I havent a clue.   :facepalm2: :facepalm1: :facepalm2:

Even if i didnt work for JR I would say this.....its just plain dumb.  No ARN either.  No Thanks!

I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised when we release our SD70MAC and you won't have to go get another job to afford it either!

Offline coreycoen12345

• Engineer
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2011, 07:43:32 PM »
I laughed out loud at work when I saw his ungodly price of $35 PER locomotive. $105 for all 3 locos he currently has for sale.   Thats not even a pack of 2 or 3.  You've got to be desperate or stupid to buy that at that price from him....  Where his head was when he came up with that I havent a clue.   :facepalm2: :facepalm1: :facepalm2:

Even if i didnt work for JR I would say this.....its just plain dumb.  No ARN either.  No Thanks!

I think you guys will be pleasantly surprised when we release our SD70MAC and you won't have to go get another job to afford it either!

Thank you and you all will have the CSX skins that I want and Conrail you all almost have their whole fleet of locos built minus the dash8-w and a few Geeps I think
From the state were coal is King and Railroading is Life!

Offline CNRAIL

• Road Foreman
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2011, 08:00:24 PM »
35 bucks for a single locomotive is absolutely ridiculous, i can wipe my ass with those same 35 bucks and it would be more worth it then purchasing a virtual choo choo for a game. Don't get me wrong the model looks fabulous but i could purchase a lot more locomotives from other payware sites for just about the same price. Heck, i could but my self a HO freight car or something for that price too.

Offline cjlistrickland

• Conductor
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2011, 09:13:18 PM »
So, I have to agree with all of you on the high price. Glad to see he finished it but crap. Being a dad its hard for me to buy my son a $40.00 toy so to buy myself a $35.00 piece of something I can't hold in my hand is nuts. Looks good but wow..... lol
Chuck Strickland
TS09 Build 44653
TS12 Build 48249
Dell XPS 8100 Win7, Intel Core i7-870 2.93, 1.5TB HD, 12GB Ram, ATI 5770 1GB DDR5.

Offline CR6641

• Dispatcher
    • thoroughbredrrmodels
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2011, 10:36:38 PM »
35 bucks got me 2 number boards from a real locomotive.No freaking way would I buy his 70macs for that price.And plus i dont want no flickering meshes  :headspin:

- Mike Tierney
Haters gon hate

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2011, 12:01:38 AM »
$35 and no special scripting?  Detail is important but I can't justify that price and have no special scripted features.

Bill

Offline saxrt1

• Road Foreman
  • Custom Route Creator-Officially Licensed by CSX
    • Southern Atlantic Transportation
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2011, 04:54:40 AM »
I laughed out loud at work when I saw his ungodly price of $35 PER locomotive. $105 for all 3 locos he currently has for sale.   Thats not even a pack of 2 or 3.  You've got to be desperate or stupid to buy that at that price from him....  Where his head was when he came up with that I havent a clue.   :facepalm2: :facepalm1: :facepalm2:

Even if i didnt work for JR I would say this.....its just plain dumb.  No ARN either.  No Thanks!

Uh Kevin you forgot one thing. For 35.00 you get no Dynamic braking either. Shoot I get that on crap from the DLS. Well when I used the DLS I did. I really don't know what he's smoking, but he want to see about getting a refund. I think he got some bad wacky stuff this time.

Licensed by CSX Transportation

Offline n8phu

• Dispatcher
  • Purveyor of the Forgotten
    • The Erecting Hall
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2011, 05:07:49 AM »
Perhaps he should try Decaf coffee and see a medical professional...

I hear Prozac comes in suppository form....

Chris N8PHU

"Oh s**t, I did it just like you told me to....."

Purveyor of the forgotten.

matruck

« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2011, 06:04:54 AM »
Maybe old Cloakedclown could team up with Grogstop as he also had good business practice's and a high quality customer service. :clap:
Cheers Mick. :cheers:

Offline yutzk

• JointedRail Customer Service
  • Road Foreman
  • Conrail Quality Mother F***ER!
    • JointedRail
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2011, 09:31:28 AM »
Taken directly from the Auran forums.  Wow this is great customer service and great marketing right here.   :selfdeclaredgimmepig:

:facepalm1: :facepalm2: :facepalm1:

Gentlemen, gentlemen... If I can be serious for a moment.

Hey, I don't blame anyone for thinking the price is a little high. At the end of the day
everyone gets their own opinions on the subject.

But people, last time I checked this was my operation. I own the website, and I create the models. I make the decisions, and I take the risks.

In a situation like this, I think the most simple answer is take it or leave it. The way I see it, it is just that simple. Does that make me the bad guy? Well, you tell me.

Absolutely no one is forcing you to buy my items, and at the current moment, this is how I want to sell the SD70MAC.

If you don't like the price or anything that has to do with the model, then wait for something else to come along.

I hope this addresses future comments about the issue.

« Last Edit: August 19, 2011, 09:35:15 AM by yutzk »

Offline saxrt1

• Road Foreman
  • Custom Route Creator-Officially Licensed by CSX
    • Southern Atlantic Transportation
« Reply #85 on: August 20, 2011, 05:11:08 AM »
This really ticks me off.  The current route I'm working on using Toby's track. Just as soon as I think this moron maybe over it, he starts up with his crap again. I know that I'm not on the JR creation team, but his latest line of BS has me wondering if I'll even release the NVR. I don't really feel like replacing all of that track. Thanks for being a total butt wipe Toby.

Licensed by CSX Transportation

Offline n8phu

• Dispatcher
  • Purveyor of the Forgotten
    • The Erecting Hall
« Reply #86 on: August 20, 2011, 05:38:53 AM »
Out of ghosties post, there are only 2 letters you should pay attention to:

F  and  U.

Sums it up pretty much right there.

Personally, I downloaded Josheh's open source GP-30. I will struggle to make a few of my own before I buy any from him.
Chris N8PHU

"Oh s**t, I did it just like you told me to....."

Purveyor of the forgotten.

Offline HustleMuscle

• Engineer
  • And why wasn't the EMD leading?
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2011, 06:51:00 PM »
All I have to say is, follow JR's memo:
"Don't settle for less, play with the best". It's okay guys. :) When his stuff isn't popular, and he isn't getting a lot of money, he'll understand what to do, or at least I hope. :poke: jI see his stuff lacks scripts for it's size and quality/propaganda.

-Harrison :cheers:

Note: I realize we have put this track into a siding/off topic, just mentioning!  :)

Offline 22alpha

• Jointed Rail
  • Global Administrator
  • Dispatcher
  • STOP VAPORWARE!
    • Jointed Rail
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2011, 09:47:36 PM »
TOBY, we don't need to rip your crappy mesh's...  You need to deflate that EGO of yours, you're nothing but a PUNK.

And why would we bother to rip an INACCURATE mesh anyways...  You seem to bring this up quite a bit, perhaps it's YOU who's ripping mesh's.

You're a clown, and every post you make proves it.

Mike  

LOL!
« Last Edit: August 20, 2011, 09:53:03 PM by 22alpha »

ATSF854awe

« Reply #89 on: August 21, 2011, 11:22:34 AM »
Ok Jointed Rail, As a real request I would love to see the SD40-2's and GP38's to be put into the Utah Railway scheme. Pwetty pwease??  :steveslife: