Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Stop Online Piracy Act  (Read 2375 times)

Offline Truemac

• Road Foreman
  • I'm not making videos. Except for when I am.
Stop Online Piracy Act
« on: January 18, 2012, 03:32:15 AM »
I couldn't find a thread on it already.

Normally, I don't get involved in politics. But this is just too big to ignore. Also, knowing the legal bullsh** the trainz community has gotten involved with in the past, this could have an effect on us.

Google's got a link to a pdf file on the bill, as well as a petition to sign. If you're not exactly sure about it, there are articles all over the internet that can give you information on it (oh the irony).

https://www.google.com/landing/takeaction/

Offline PerRock

• Road Foreman
  • Official #trainz chat killer
    • Amtrak Trainz Group
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2012, 04:09:50 AM »
To protest against the bill a bunch of websites are "going dark" & shutting down services today for 24hrs; Wikipedia, Tumbler, Reddit, etc. In the Trainz world both TCR & AMTZ have gone dark as well. Elsewhere Google & other services are "sprucing" up their sites for the 24hrs to show their support. Almost every major Technology company is against the bill, including: MS, Amazon, Apple*, Sony*, EA*, Valve, Godaddy*, Twitter, etc.

Contact your elected officials today!

peter

*These companies were originally supporting SOPA &PIPA but have since withdrawn their support.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 04:11:42 AM by PerRock »

Quote from: NS_37
and this is our part of the forum... ill post naked jewish midget slamdancing if i want to. :P

Offline n8phu

• Dispatcher
  • Purveyor of the Forgotten
    • The Erecting Hall
Re: Stop Online Piracy Act
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2012, 01:20:26 PM »
What needs to happen is for people to remember those who support things like this.  Remember next time you get to make a choice... remember well. He who controls information, controls the world.

Make your voice heard, contact your representatives today.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2012, 01:22:49 PM by n8phu »
Chris N8PHU

"Oh s**t, I did it just like you told me to....."

Purveyor of the forgotten.