Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: USLW new releases 4/10/12  (Read 10339 times)

Offline jadebullet

• Dispatcher
USLW new releases 4/10/12
« on: April 10, 2012, 03:58:41 AM »
Hello everyone,
We asked, you answered, and now, we have got what you wanted according to our facebook poll on what GP30 you wanted next. The winner, by a large margin was Conrail.

Now, while others might have just painted a unit blue and called it quits, we here at USLW don't think that that suffices. We pride ourselves in our high quality work, and as such, we have worked hard to provide you with so much Conrail you won't know what to do with it.

But first, we should start at the beginning.

Our first locomotive for you today is another look at a classic. We are releasing another Reading GP30, this time in its as delivered paint scheme and numbering. The newer scheme was added in the background for comparison.

Next up, we have a pair of beautiful Pennsylvania Railroad engines. You can choose between the always popular modern unit, or, if you are feeling like some vintage, you can run the unit with the Trainphone communication system equipped. Also, note that the later engine still has the mounts from the Trainphone system. These locomotives also are equipped with a different cab, which is longer on the conductor's side.

Next, we have a pair of New York Central units. We have included both the as delivered numbers, and the later used number scheme as they were preparing to merge into Penn Central. These units are not equipped with dynamic brakes, and have been modeled accordingly.

Combining those last two, we have three Penn Central GP30s available for release. There are two ex Pennsy units, with the Trainphone mounting brackets, and one ex NYC unit without DB. One of the Pennsy units has Penn Central written on the hood, while the other doesn't, because we couldn't decide which one to do. So we did both!

Ten days too late for the Conrail anniversary, but that doesn't matter too much anyway. In any case, you can't have early Conrail without a rainbow of patch jobs, so we have made you guys two Penn Central patches, one ex NYC, one ex PRR, and a Reading patched unit.

And now it is time for the Blue Boys. Won't you be the envy of your peers with not one, not two, but three different styles of Conrail GP30 reflecting the three different roads that provided GP30s to the forced merger.

That's right. We didn't just create the minimum locomotive that you asked for, we made those locomotives from purchase, up to Conrail. We hope that you enjoy.

All locomotives are equipped with ARN reflecting accurate numbering for current railroad, and heritage,(Ex NYC Conrail units only show ex NYC numbers, ect.) and are equipped with the latest in jointedrail scripting.  You will need to download the GP30 dependencies to use these locomotives if you haven't already. These can be found in either the dependencies section, or by clicking the drop down menu on the individual locomotive.

Hmmm... but what's this. It seems that in all of the excitement of showing you guys our new Conrail units, we have forgotten another locomotive pack that has been made and is up for download. Simulatortrain has skinned up two very nice Western Maryland Scenic Railways GP30s for you to enjoy.

As always, we hope that you enjoy our fine products, and we hope to see some of these units gracing your screenshots in the future. We would also like to thank the fine folks at jointedrail.com for their continued support. If you guys enjoy the freeware enough, feel free to donate to them.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 11:11:03 PM by jadebullet »

Offline n8phu

• Dispatcher
  • Purveyor of the Forgotten
    • The Erecting Hall
Re: USLW new releases 4/10/12
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2012, 04:04:00 AM »
You guys rock! Thanks!
Chris N8PHU

"Oh s**t, I did it just like you told me to....."

Purveyor of the forgotten.

Offline Swordfish58

• Brakeman
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2012, 10:10:05 AM »
Thank you very much for these beautiful locomotives!

I have a little problem, I see seven pictures, with new locomotives, but on your homepage I do see only six new packs. Where is hidden the seventh pack?

Kind regards

Swordfish58

Offline jadebullet

• Dispatcher
« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2012, 11:08:47 AM »
The Reading locomotive for some reason shows up on the third page. Or maybe the second. One of the two.

Offline GEV0SPAMMER

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • GOD DAMN GEVOS
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2012, 01:37:01 PM »
Great work guys!
Apathetic half ass member of USLW
Founder of the porta-potty project :p

Offline ekapus

• Brakeman
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2012, 01:46:31 PM »
Awesome work guys, these are killer, exactly what I was hoping for. And the fact that one of the WMSR units has the little train phone bumps? So cool.

But, again, can I ask, put the download links in the announcement? Hunting for them is a real pain, especially when they're spread out on different pages.

Offline lsrc2052

• Conductor
  • Great Lake - Great Ships
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2012, 05:27:30 PM »
thank you SOOO much
you guys are Da bomb :)
Luke (lsrc2052){coolschool200}

Offline Hudson2640

• Road Foreman
« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2012, 11:10:20 PM »
These models are amazing! Excellent job guys.
Can't wait to try out the New York Central units
I'm surrounded by idiots

Offline nchappell

• Brakeman
« Reply #8 on: September 03, 2014, 11:46:16 PM »
Where are these Located at and can they still be downloaded

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2014, 12:29:37 AM »
Unfortunately they are not available anymore.  Rumor has it that the creator of those GeePs is going to do an update to them before they get released again.

Bill