Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What are we building in 2013?  (Read 4699 times)

Offline 22alpha

• Jointed Rail
  • Global Administrator
  • Dispatcher
  • STOP VAPORWARE!
    • Jointed Rail
What are we building in 2013?
« on: November 02, 2012, 01:01:52 PM »
Hey Guys!

Jointed Rail Productions has some very special news we're about to share.   - although I admit we are a bit nervous about sharing it…
You see, even though Jointed Rail is committed to detail and excellence, we are reluctant to take on a lot of projects that might compromise on our ability to deliver - which is why we are a bit nervous…

But the opportunities ahead of us are just too great. We are at a crossroads; We’ve decided it’s time to share them with you:
We have been selected to create a fictional multiplayer route officially sponsored by BNSF Railway. We have access to top personnel within BNSF that will review the game for details and authenticity and even provide insight as well. They will also be promoting the project to their community and schools in the states they serve.  We have full access to the railroad as well as it's industries, let's make the most of it!

As you can imagine, we’re all excited here at Jointed Rail for lots of reasons…

The main reason we are so excited is that this means we’re ready to grow and take on more detailed and complicated projects.
We would like to ask you a favor that will help us to help you get the content you want!  We want our customers to be a part of our growth and success. We feel this is a very pivotal time. It would really help us if you could just spare a few seconds…

You see, we want to continue to develop the content YOU want while also creating great stuff that’s bigger and better. Can you send me a short note telling me exactly what content is most important to you (or click this link and take our survey).
http://jointedrail.com/survey/index.php/survey/index/sid/759497/lang/en

We’re hoping to get a few hundred responses so we can effectively determine what’s important to the community.
Just hit the reply button in your email client, type in what you want to see us build, and press the “send” button (or click this link to go to our survey http://jointedrail.com/survey/index.php/survey/index/sid/759497/lang/en ). We’ll take care of the rest. 

In fact if you complete the survey you will be emailed a coupon code for $5 off your next purchase!

Here’s to creating the ultimate experience with you and BNSF!

Best,

Mike & Justin

PS – Thanks for reading this to the end. We usually don’t share this kind of business stuff in emails or forum posts. But we’ve decided it’s time to pass this crossroad and go out on a limb.

Offline VGN903

• Trainmaster
Re: What are we building in 2013?
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 11:57:30 AM »
I am extremely excited for you guys. This is not only great news for you but, this is great news for the industry as a whole. This type of project can really promote the Train modeling industry and Trainz in particular. With the work you guys have been putting out it is no wonder that BNSF is signing on as a sponsor to this project. I am anxious to find out what route/s are going to modeled. This could be the beginning of a whole new phase of Trainz development. Good luck with this and I hope you keep us, your loyal followers, as updated as you can along the road to completion.

Offline DHayward

• Dispatcher
  • Still Your Friendly Neighborhood Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 01:37:59 PM »
Good luck, guys! I'm looking forward to what you have in store, and what you're going to create.
It's what's for lunch.

Offline ericmp

• Road Foreman
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2012, 03:36:10 PM »
Thanks for the update guys. This is exciting news! I'm really looking forward to seeing what you guys have in store for us in the future! Best of luck to you!
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 03:38:01 PM by ericmp »
Eric

Offline AlexCN

• Jointed Rail Team
  • Conductor
  • Developer and mapmaker
    • http://trainzmods.blogspot.com/
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2012, 05:31:45 PM »
An excellent add guys! Thanks!:)
Special thanks for the SD40-2 pak (my favorite locomotive)
Good luck with further support BNSF is a very serious matter!

Alex
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 08:46:53 PM by AlexCN »

Offline chipallen16

• Dispatcher
  • The Southern Serves the South
    • Youtube - Chip Allen's Channel
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2012, 08:26:51 PM »
This is so cool. What an opportunity for JR to move forward!

I can't commend you all enough. I've never had a problem with anything JR, whether it be support, clubcar, content, or anything else. Y'all are the only reason I still play Trainz, and I love it. Thanks so much for helping shape these last few years. I've enjoyed it, guys!

-Chip  :)

Offline 22alpha

• Jointed Rail
  • Global Administrator
  • Dispatcher
  • STOP VAPORWARE!
    • Jointed Rail
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, 11:55:24 AM »
Thanks guys, there will be several more emails this month outlining the program for those interested in partnering with us.  This will no doubt be a game changer for us as well as the TRAINZ franchise.  We are looking forward to creating an experience like none other.  Having BNSF sign on with us is nothing short of amazing.  We met back in June in Atlanta to discuss the launch of this project and what it would mean and do for the TRS community.  BNSF has been excellent to work with and we look forward to our partnership. 

Good things are coming to TRAINZ, the other simulators won't be able to touch what we're going to do.

Thanks guys, we will keep everyone posted as to the progress!

Mike

Offline jkinzel

• Conductor
« Reply #7 on: November 06, 2012, 05:16:35 AM »
If you can encourage BNSF into creating a Heritage Fleet such as NS has done, life would be good.
John
Politicians and Diapers should be changed often and for the Same Reason.

Offline 007007

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • do not listen to 007007
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2012, 11:49:53 AM »
BNSF is doing heritage hoppers.  Get off their back.  :blob:

[11:09:03 AM | Edited 11:09:12 AM] Justin C: that terrible moment when you can smell your own balls

"Endless SchwimpFest...ate 100 schwimps...ordered extra biscuits..."

Offline jkinzel

• Conductor
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2012, 03:10:40 PM »
shakes head in disgust.....  Really, no Northern Pacific?    :facepalm1:
John
Politicians and Diapers should be changed often and for the Same Reason.

Offline SD40-2

• Conductor
  • 100% LaGrange powered.
« Reply #10 on: November 07, 2012, 11:07:33 PM »
There will be NP, eventually.