Home
Help
Login
Register
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 03:53:59 AM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
62581 Posts in 3577 Topics by 569 Members Latest Member: - nchappell Most online today: 45 - most online ever: 256 (October 29, 2012, 03:45:15 PM)
Pages: [1]
Print
Author Topic: CSX KD Sub Route  (Read 1261 times)
csx6900
Trainmaster

« on: March 02, 2013, 03:40:26 PM »

Hi all,

It's been a while since I've posted to this forum, mostly because my old computer was too crappy to run Trainz half decently and I lost interest.  However, I've recently built my own kick-butt computer and can run TS12 without skipping a beat... even on the most detailed routes.  I'm finally getting back into Trainz.

So, that being said, I'm getting back on the route-building scene.  Some of you may remember my long-since-dead Florida S-Line Project or Bone Valley routes.  Obviously, both of those are gone now and I've lost interest in them since I moved out of Florida.  I'm now a Tennessee resident and would like to build a local route.  The line I've set my sights on is the CSX KD Subdivision between Corbin, KY and Etowah, TN, running through Knoxville, TN.  It's a great line to model that I feel I can do fairly well now that I have a good computer to do it on.  Plus there is a TON more content (particularly from the fine folks at Jointed Rail) that I can use to make the route better and build it faster.

Therefore, my first inquiry has to do with TransDEM.  I plan on using a DEM to create my route, but have no idea how to use the program.  And before I blow 30-40 bucks on the program, I'd like to get some input from everyone here on how easy it is to use.  Would it be simple to use for a newbie like me?

Any help from you guys is much appreciated.  I look forward to getting back on this forum.  You've got a fine group of content-builders that I can learn a lot from, especially since I feel like I'm having to relearn it all.  Thanks in advance!

-Evan
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 03:42:29 PM by csx6900 » Logged

CSX KD Subdivision Builder
Owner of RailSightings.com
NS_37
JointedRail Artist
Chief Executive Officer
Dispatcher

This is personal

« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 08:40:18 PM »

Sounds great to me! I am currently sitting at Binfield siding watching a train go by with Mike.

KnifeSwitch
Professional Time-Waster
Chief Executive Officer
Dispatcher

« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2013, 02:52:22 AM »

Good to have you back Evan! 

Nikos: [6:26:08] Dont think those P72's can withstand time travel when you hit 88
csx6900
Trainmaster

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2013, 07:18:31 PM »

Sounds great to me! I am currently sitting at Binfield siding watching a train go by with Mike.

Dang, what are the chances?!  If you guys are still around, let me know.  I'd be happy to give y'all a tour.  I live in Maryville now.

Good to have you back Evan!

Thanks!  I appreciate it.  I'm happy to be back. Smiley

Anyone have any comments regarding the user-friendliness of TransDEM?

-Evan

CSX KD Subdivision Builder
Owner of RailSightings.com
Pages: [1]
Print
Jump to: