Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Need Help with Train horns and whistles  (Read 1759 times)

Offline vinnygran

• Brakeman
Need Help with Train horns and whistles
« on: April 06, 2014, 12:53:08 AM »
Can use some advice on adding train whistle or horn sounds to my layout when a train passes a given point.

Downloaded some off the DL station and through the content manager,,, but they don't show up in the surveyor option.

I don't know if the whistle sound has to come from the engine or can it be placed on ur layout, like u would place a speed limit sign>>??

Thanks in Advance

VinnyGran

Offline ex-railwayman1

• Engineer
Re: Need Help with Train horns and whistles
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2014, 04:05:33 PM »
When you download something, as a suggestion, I would go into the config.txt and on the line that says username add the word 'horn', or, something similar at the beginning.
When you go into editor on your map, press F4, or, tracks, and in the signals editor if you put in the word horn in the search field it will automatically go to it/them, then, you can place
the hornsound on the track wherever you require it. If the item is in the shape of a triangle with the letter w/h on the flat surface, ensure that is facing towards you and the loco will sound its horn/whistle when it goes over the asset on the tracks. If the track is bi-directional, you can have one the other way round.

I'll put a screenshot up which may show it a bit better for you. Click on the words full version under the screeny which will enlarge the image and you can see it clearer.

Cheerz.  ex-railwayman.

« Last Edit: April 06, 2014, 04:09:36 PM by ex-railwayman1 »

Offline vinnygran

• Brakeman
Re: Need Help with Train horns and whistles
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 10:17:06 AM »
Thanks for ur info on this item - ex-railwayman.

Will give it a try and let u know - have to get familiar with  the config.txt,,,

vinnygran