Trainz Discussion Forum - Powered by Jointed Rail Productions, LLC.

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

News:

Welcome to TrainzForums!

Author Topic: Huston, We have a problem  (Read 6938 times)

s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • TrainzForums Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
Huston, We have a problem
« on: February 01, 2015, 11:54:54 AM »

Well, I got home last night from my volunteer work at the museum, started my computer to see what has transpired on the forums I normally haunt and Facebook.  About 12 minutes onto it and my computer crashes.  Power light is on but nobody is home.  Push and hold the power button until it goes out, let it sit 5 minutes and start it again.  About 12 minutes it crashes again.  Forget it. I'm tiered and will deal with it in the morning.  This morning I start it up and after about 12 minutes it crashes again.  Force another shut down.  Start it again and hit F9 to run Diagnostics.  It said the CPU passed, got 80% done with the RAM, (about 12 minutes again) and it crashes again.  Time to do some skeet shooting.  "PULL"    :shooting:

Bill

TrainFreak1994

• Engineer
Re: Huston, We have a problem
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2015, 12:13:24 AM »

I'd love to have your problem. My graphic card is so shitty, it makes you think we are back in the Sega days. I've had to do 30 database repairs this year. The TS12 SP1 has been an epic failure. The only reason why I'm keeping it is because of the weaving cars and lack of a straighten spline option in the earlier versions.

s-driver

• TrainzForums Moderator
  • Dispatcher
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2015, 09:08:09 AM »

My problem turned out to be the Ram.  I have 2 8gb Ram sticks and one went bad.  So until I can afford to get a new set I'm stuck with only 8gb which is a pain with some of the programs I use.

The track spline straightener works on the scenery splines.  All other scenery spline editing must be done in the scenery spline menu but you can straiten the scenery splines with the track spline straightener.  I learned about that in TS2009 and heard it worked before that.  That has worked in every version since then.

Bill

TrainFreak1994

• Engineer
« Reply #3 on: May 25, 2015, 04:50:02 PM »

Now I'm on database repair number 32.

NS_37

• JointedRail Artist
  • Chief Executive Officer
  • Dispatcher
  • This is personal
    • JointedRailProductions
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 02:11:23 PM »

The track spline straightener works on the scenery splines.  All other scenery spline editing must be done in the scenery spline menu but you can straiten the scenery splines with the track spline straightener.  I learned about that in TS2009 and heard it worked before that.  That has worked in every version since then.

there is one for scenery in the latest builds since TS12 SP1 I think.

s-driver

• TrainzForums Moderator
  • Dispatcher
« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 10:04:14 AM »

Yes there is. (Finally)  In the earlier versions it could still be done but was just a little inconvenient because of having to change from the Scenery Spline editor to the Track spline editor to straiten the Scenery Splines.

Bill

Page created in 0.042 seconds with 21 queries.