Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Is T:ANE Worth It  (Read 2358 times)

Offline Flak

• Engineer
    • www.joeygannon.com
Is T:ANE Worth It
« on: December 29, 2015, 08:01:49 PM »
I've been looking to get back into the simulation mess here recently and really can't decide for myself.  There has been some rumbling about Run8 and from what I understand it isn't to bad and I wonder if it would be better worth my time than the latest Trainz "update".  Or am I being to cynical and is the "New Era" really a breath of fresh air?

Offline Flak

• Engineer
    • www.joeygannon.com
Re: Is T:ANE Worth It
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2016, 04:29:54 AM »
Still haven't touched it to find out if my purchase was worth it.  Though that fact answers my own question.

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2016, 03:55:27 PM »
From the numerous conversations in the past and looking at what is in the different simulators, it really comes down to what do you want out of a simulator.  I myself, haven't been very active in Trainz for the last couple years. But recently, I have started to get the ambition to start working on some of my dormant projects again. (plus a couple new ones)  From everything I've been seeing with various screen shots I've been seeing and with what I've been doing in TANE, for me anyway, TANE is a step up.  I know there are others that would say differently.  That is why I said for me, I think it's a step up.  The only true way to know is to load it up, install all the updates, and give it a thorough workout in the areas that most interest you.  In the end, it still comes down to your personal preferences are.

Bill

Offline Flak

• Engineer
    • www.joeygannon.com
« Reply #3 on: January 01, 2017, 06:38:32 AM »
Thanks Bill.  I've got roughly the same opinion form the outside looking in as well.  It looks to me that they're going down the route Railworks/Train Simulator has gone and like them still haven't added anything worth while.  If I ever catch the Trainz bug again it'll be there as it always was I guess.