Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: An Overdue Revival  (Read 1640 times)

Offline knifeswitch1

• Global Administrator
  • Brakeman
  • Restricting on the Hanger
    • Jointed Rail
An Overdue Revival
« on: October 02, 2017, 10:24:55 PM »
Welcome back to:

This has been a long time coming, and saying it has been an overdue revival is saying the least.

TrainzForums was greated in January of 2007 as a forum for the old US Locomotive Works (USLW) site, and over the years became its own brand. We have long since neglected the excellent little home we created here 10 years ago, and it's time to energize TrainzForums with some new life again!

The forum here was always a great place to come discuss projects with ease and genuine, informed interest from our viewers. Everybody needs a great place to escape to, show off the latest content, and kill some time to take the edge off the day. We encourage our old members to come back and see what's happening, for new users to join & learn the ropes, and for everybody to chat in a mature but lighthearted environment. I personally look forward to bringing TrainzForums back to the strong community it was (and truthfully still is); I hope you all join me in recreating a great home here!

This community owes a great deal of thanks to Bill (s-driver) for manning the fort here while the rest of us were too preoccupied to remember what a cool place it is; Bill is a great guy who is just what this forum is all about and we definitely need to recognize his efforts.

A large thanks also needs to go to Ryan (therock) and Justin (NS_37) for their efforts in a major (and very sharp) revamp of the forum logo, theme software, and much more. Many hours were spent on this, so please thank them! Of course, we can all blame the recent motivation to pump energy back into this place on Josh (conrail45), too! I did my best to clean up some ancient threads and un-sticky some out of date stuff as well. We'll work over the coming days to continue ironing out some tweaks.

Please be sure to read the forum rules and understand that this place has always been a no-BS community where silly questions and behavior will be called out; for younger members, this is how all learn the dos and don'ts of places like this.
Looking forward to spending some time here again in the future.

Welcome, guys.  :cheering:
« Last Edit: October 02, 2017, 10:26:29 PM by knifeswitch1 »