Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Knock Knock, is anyone there......  (Read 5887 times)

Offline ex-railwayman1

• Engineer
Knock Knock, is anyone there......
« on: March 08, 2018, 06:46:11 AM »
I am amazed that my password still works on here after all these years, where is everyone, have you all left, or, very busy doing your thing with T:ANE? Are Justin and Mike still around and all the ''old mob'', I note that a few threads don't look as though they have been posted on for a couple of years, have you all given up with N3V's entertaining Train Set on pixels????  :duck2:

Cheerz.  Steve.

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
Re: Knock Knock, is anyone there......
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2018, 11:04:17 AM »
Steve. Long time no see. Jointed Rail is going strong so everyone involved there is busy. I can't really speak for anyone else but I have been so busy with my family, regular job and my volunteer work that I haven't had much extra time for Trainz. For the most part I think that because of the lack of action around here, most have stayed around the NV3 forums.

I hope all has been well for you.

Bill

Offline knifeswitch1

• Global Administrator
  • Brakeman
  • Restricting on the Hanger
    • Jointed Rail
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2018, 07:51:43 PM »
Steve, great to still see you around here too. I'd like to get to posting here more, but real life keeps getting in the way. Will do my best, maybe this week.  :cheers:

Offline ex-railwayman1

• Engineer
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2018, 08:23:53 AM »
Hello Bill, and a few others I see are still about, I'm still around.....just!
I had Bowel Cancer surgery about 4 years ago, so, I sit at home playing on my computer for most of these days now, it's better than going to work, anyway..... :headspin:
I got my boxed copy of T:ANE out the other week from about 2015, I'm just trying to find out which Service Pack I need to get up to so I can get the game going again, there is some lovely looking routes on the JR site that I haven't obtained yet, so, might give them a go, as well as the MidWest Grain and the other stuff I bought so long ago it's such a waste to have all this payware content sitting about doing nothing, might as well try and put it to good use, it depends on how much repairing needs doing, but, if I have the modern stuff installed that shouldn't be too much of a headache, hopefully, we will see..........

Cheerz.  Steve.

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2018, 02:10:32 PM »
Hi Steve. I'm saddened to hear you had bowel cancer and the surgery. I can't remember if you had mentioned it before or not. I hope your recovery has gone well and they got all the cancer out.

I myself have not had the time to do much in Trainz with all the other thing happening in my life. Time is not something I have an overabundance of anymore. I really like the direction Trainz is now going. I just wish my time availability would cooperate.

Bill

Offline ex-railwayman1

• Engineer
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2018, 08:29:32 AM »
Thanks Bill. Yeah. they got the tumour out eventually, but, unfortunately they also have to remove a lot of other things, I won't bore you (or scare you to death), with all the gory medical details, have a look on Wikipedia for Pelvic Exenteration, that should give you some idea of what I had done. Generally, in Britain, Cancer Patients are under their local Hospital's guidance for 5 years after surgery, I have to have an annual interview with my Oncologist and also have lots of tests, blood samples, CT Scans and other things to ensure the Cancer cells haven't appeared anywhere else, so far, so good, but, I am not out of the woods yet, and I will always have to be careful what I do for the rest of my life.

I can still play on my computer and drink copious amounts of tea and coffee whilst playing my games and keep an eye on what everyone is doing around the world, across all the Simulators I have been involved with for the last 15 years, or, so, you 'aint going to get rid of me that quickly...... :thumbsup:

Keep smiling and look after yourselves, and enjoy the game whilst you can.

Cheerz.  Steve.  :cheers: