Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another new version of Norfolk Southern's Reading Line!  (Read 3172 times)

Roon3808

Another new version of Norfolk Southern's Reading Line!
« on: September 11, 2007, 10:10:56 PM »
Hi guys....haha, surprise Kevin!

I'm pleased to announce i'm working on another updated version of my NS Reading Line.

The main changes to this version are the total replacement of all the old stock TRS trees with the latest and greatest custom models. In addition, i'll also be adding more trackside foliage and details, and doing the normal bug fixes and alterations.

The new route should be available from USLW in a month or two. I'm working on it when i'm not busy on my R&N route (which is ahead of schedule ).

Also, I've gone through and replaced many non-DLS items, barely used items, and items that are no longer available either on the DLS or 3rd party websites. Many thanks to the people whos feedback made such improvements possible. The route will look even better while now requiring less hard to find content!

Here's a small example of some of the changes made:
(click for full size)
Before

After

~Roon

Offline WCL

• Engineer
Re: Another new version of Norfolk Southern's Reading Line!
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2007, 11:28:35 PM »
That looks pretty sweet :)

Offline GEV0SPAMMER

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • GOD DAMN GEVOS
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2007, 12:00:45 AM »
lookin great Roon, you might want to try out Justins Searchlights though Wink
i wouldve suggested some different undergrowth to replace that auran stuff but it seems to site it was on has vanished, thats going to cause some problems when some of my routes are ready Undecided

« Last Edit: September 12, 2007, 12:40:33 AM by 007007 »
Apathetic half ass member of USLW
Founder of the porta-potty project :p

nyswman

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2007, 12:02:43 AM »
Hey Roon, how about an updated Lehigh Line? That would be cool to have.

Roon3808

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2007, 12:27:59 AM »
lookin great Roon, you might want to try out Justins Searchlights though ;)
i wouldve suggested some different undergrowth to replace that auran stuff but it seems to site it was on has vanished, thats going to cause some problems when some of my routes are ready :-\

I have his signals, I just don't like how they only display at a short distance. Also, there are a few types i need that he doesn't have and with his you can't give the permissive signals visible mileage markers.

Those pictures just show the difference after i replaced about 2000 trees using TrainzObjectz  :). The extra undergrowth and weeds has yet to be added (along with more texturing).
I now use the stuff found here:
http://www.virtuallandscaping.net/mstsg/mstsgd.htm?trainz,1
Its top notch. I recommend you check it out  :).

Hey Roon, how about an updated Lehigh Line? That would be cool to have.
I gave the Lehigh Line to Quakers1, but he seems to now be busy with other things. If you want i can give you the same version i gave him. It has all the track and signals completed, but with just some basic scenery around the industries. Unfortunately with my other Trainz routes, school, and life, i don't have time to complete this route (although it is one of my favorites).

~Roon

Offline 007007

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • do not listen to 007007
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2007, 12:41:09 AM »
some different undergrowth to replace that auran stuff

Try using normal trees and just lowering them so the tips stick out.  Great way to get thousands of bushes in any variety you need!!!

Steve

[11:09:03 AM | Edited 11:09:12 AM] Justin C: that terrible moment when you can smell your own balls

"Endless SchwimpFest...ate 100 schwimps...ordered extra biscuits..."

Offline GEV0SPAMMER

• Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • GOD DAMN GEVOS
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2007, 06:23:40 PM »
Yup i got those Roon, they are amazing, i also use the Krovi bushes that were found on TrainzPedro which doesnt seem to be up any more, when i get any of my routes besides GCL done ill have to try contacting the author to see if i can include the items. real shame its not available any more cause the trees and bushes were some of the best available.
lowering trees works but really i have enough trees eating FPS already :P theres alot more trees in Georgia than Wisconsin :D
I dont really like the fact that the signals cant be seen from far away but i find the detail of the signals makes them preferable to the auran ones, the auran ones look like toys with solid black texturing and oversize coronas.
Apathetic half ass member of USLW
Founder of the porta-potty project :p

Roon3808

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2007, 07:59:57 PM »
the auran ones look like toys with solid black texturing and oversize coronas.

True. You just need to close your eyes when you go by them like i do  ;D ;).

Offline DelmarvaFan

• Dispatcher
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2007, 02:38:12 AM »
Sweety! I love NS Reading Line, man! Look very great of trees and grass cover on the bridge ::)
NS Delmarva Secondary Branch fans