Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: From the depths of my hard drive... My first GMAX creation  (Read 4381 times)

nyswman

From the depths of my hard drive... My first GMAX creation
« on: September 16, 2007, 03:59:51 AM »
My project to build the CNJ switch tower at Phillipsburg, NJ has been on and off for nearly two years. I finally decided to get it done this week. It aint a master piece, but it aint bad either. I took a view liberties.. added windows with iron bars, something I'm sure the tower never had. The windows are currently boarded up on "PU Tower" I'm going to release two versions, one with the second story on the left (PU tower itself) and one with the tower on the right. (I think this was in use on atleast 2 places on the CNJ) I'm pretty sure this is of use to one route builder (think R&N, out side of Jim Thorpe)

Not sure if these will be released on the DLS or on my own. Next up, two more variations on this design (Totally made up) then my Erie coal tower I showed here about a month ago.

Edit: God dam it, I didn't relize image shack would cut the image off. but you guys get the idea.

Offline DelmarvaFan

• Dispatcher
Re: From the depths of my hard drive... My first GMAX creation
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2007, 06:11:57 AM »
Holy Man, that wonderful I really love them because they really like as real like out of worlds too and I love that building, warehouse some have  many old bricks, woods, heavy doors, etc so I really love them! Look very amazing, nyswman! I can't wait when they gonna get to release and I wonder want know that where they release to? It USLW or other? :o ::)
NS Delmarva Secondary Branch fans

nyswman

« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2007, 11:49:36 AM »
I'm not a member of USLW, so I don't think they'll host them, but USLW members are certainly free to use them in their routes that are released here if they want.

Roon3808

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2007, 11:59:37 AM »
Woo! That made my morning  :).

Hope you release it soon so i can place it in the real location in Phillipsburg in my full NS Reading Line route. And someone will have to clone me so i actually have time to do the Lehigh Line  :P.

(I think this was in use on atleast 2 places on the CNJ) I'm pretty sure this is of use to one route builder (think R&N, out side of Jim Thorpe)
PQ tower at Nesquehoning Jct.?
http://www.thebluecomet.com/cnjNeshquehoningTwr82.jpg

USLW members are certainly free to use them in their routes that are released here if they want.
Heck yeah!  ;D

Another great US railroad building! Thanks man!

~Roon

« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 12:08:15 PM by Roon3808 »

nyswman

« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2007, 12:02:24 PM »
I want to tweak the base a little. After that I'll release it. They are built for 06 and are error free. Should be done today.

Tyler Bishop

« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2007, 12:37:28 PM »
Fix your mapping cut the polys back about 1423423423 and then release that.

nyswman

« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2007, 01:34:34 PM »
How do you know what the poly count could possibly be?

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2007, 03:39:53 PM »
Experience helps but a good texture can deceive you. If things are cut to a minimum I can see 206 polys. If it's around there I think it's acceptable. If you have the windows and doors are modled then it's many times higher. I agree with Tyler on the mapping thou. You should adjust one of the roof textures so it matches the other. Shingles are fairly uniform in size and shape. Also the foundation texture looks stretched to much on the sides. That don't stand out as bad as the roof  but it could use some help. As your first project I think you did a great job. Better than my first. ;)

Bill

nyswman

« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2007, 08:14:32 PM »
Well everyone is a critic. You guys think you can do them better. Fine do them better. These will not be released, and USLW members making Lehigh Valley and or CNJ routes will not have permission to use them. 

Offline s-driver

• Fixing your own mistakes means job security.
  • Forum Moderator
  • Dispatcher
  • Hacking up hairballs since 1965.
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2007, 09:09:11 PM »
I don't know what your getting upset about. I think it's a fine piece of work and with a couple minor adjustments it can be better. No one said you have to change anything. They were helpful suggestions. You don't realize how many changes I've made to the content I am and already have created due to the suggestions of others. And I'm NOT talking about only members of the USLW team but community members as a whole. If you chose to misconstrued what I've said then that's your prerogative.

Bill

Kaos

« Reply #10 on: September 21, 2007, 11:28:17 PM »
Jeez...it's Mariokart64n from the GMOD forums all over again.  One bit of constructive criticism and he decides that we "don't deserve" his content or something.

Tyler Bishop

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2007, 11:42:06 PM »
Well everyone is a critic. You guys think you can do them better. Fine do them better. These will not be released, and USLW members making Lehigh Valley and or CNJ routes will not have permission to use them. 

You have emotional problems...

Offline Campbell5149

• Dispatcher
  • Hillbilly CB-36
« Reply #12 on: September 22, 2007, 12:12:45 AM »
ok first off, nys, chill. take their advice k? i did for my reskins. its not a big deal. seriously. and second, tyler, check you damn PM's!   thank you. :D
Josh: WHOSE A GOOD BOY!! WHOSE A GOOD BOY!!?

Sean: ......woof??.....

Tyler Bishop

« Reply #13 on: September 22, 2007, 12:17:59 AM »
tyler, check you damn PM's!   thank you. :D

" Hey, Tyler Bishop, you have 0 messages, 0 are new. "

Resend it.

Offline Campbell5149

• Dispatcher
  • Hillbilly CB-36
« Reply #14 on: September 22, 2007, 01:38:02 AM »
FUDGE. ok will do :P
Josh: WHOSE A GOOD BOY!! WHOSE A GOOD BOY!!?

Sean: ......woof??.....